Our skincare is formulated to help with your personal skin goals. The skin concerns we currently work on include:
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Loss of firmness & elasticity
- Dryness & rough patches
- Redness & irritation
- Hyperpigmentation & dark spots
- Uneven skin tone
- Pollution damage
- Pore size
- Shine & oil control
- Breakouts & clogged pores
In addition to the skin goals you choose to work on, our formulas also include microbiome-friendly, functional ingredients to help protect skin and boost overall skin health.
Our formulas are designed for the majority of common skin types.
We offer skincare customized for:
- Dry skin
- Normal skin
- Oily skin
- Combination skin
- Sensitive skin
- Skin stressed by pollutants or irritants
- Acne-prone skin
For skin conditions that typically require medical care, such as extreme eczema or rosacea, we recommend you seek extended care from a medical professional. If you have any questions about the skin types we address, please feel free to contact us.
To gain comprehensive insight into your unique skin needs, your custom skincare starts with a two-part skin analysis:
1. The skin profile includes a series of questions about your skin concerns, lifestyle and environment. Whether you live near an ocean or the mountains, rigorously exercise, or work at home in front of a computer screen, we take it all into account.
2. The at-home skin test will ship directly to you, so you can easily measure your skin type, condition and barrier health from the comfort of home. It is a quick test that uses paper strips pressed onto your cheeks and forehead, and you’ll input the results into your Pure Culture account (no need to send anything back to us in the mail!).
Our strict definition of clean has resulted in banning over 2,700 specific ingredients due to safety and sustainability concerns. For context, the EU has banned about 1,300 ingredients and the US FDA has banned less than 50.
Our approach to clean beauty is 4-fold. These aren’t just checkboxes to us—they’re commitments that guide our decision making at every level of our business:
1. Safety: Your skin is directly related to your overall wellness, which means we would never risk any ingredients that are known to be harmful.
2. Sustainability: We only source ingredients and materials that are made in a sustainable way.
3. Natural ingredients: Our ingredients come from nature, and transparency in ingredients is paramount for us.
4. Ethical sources: We only use cruelty-free ingredients and materials that come from trusted partners with fair labor conditions and wages.
Our skincare is always a one-time purchase with no subscription needed.
We understand that everyone uses their products at different rates, and that subscriptions can be intimidating. You have the option to reorder any time you’re ready.